Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Mark Of Athena

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted anything in like a really long time, but I've been really busy keeping my grades up in school and so far that hard work is paying off.  Straight A's last semester guys!  I'm one happy freshman.  Anyway, now I'm in English so I will probably be reading a lot more books just because of who my teacher is.  I will also be writing so many essays my head will probably be spinning by the end of the semester but that is beside the point.

Anyway, I have recently read a new book called the Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.  It is the third book in his Heroes of Olympus series and it was absolutly amazing.  For those of you who do not know  who Rick Riordan is, I'm about to tell you.  I'm pretty sure that you've heard of the movie "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief." Yeah, Rick Riordan is the author of the book that was based on. (And believe me the book is SOO much better.)

Now to get to the point, The Mark of Athena was by far the best in the series so far to me.  It connected all of the complicated plotlines rather well and left suspense at the end, making me wish October were here so I could read the next one.  I really won't go into too much detail on the book, but I do recommend that you look up that entire series, because it is really good. 

I will try to be on here more often I promise, but sometimes it is hard to be blogging and doing homework and dealing with band and all the other things that I do in a day.  I will try to update my blog at least weekly if I can.  Thanks for reading and have a fabulous rest of your week! :)

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment